Thursday

Working with what you have. Part 2

This is a follow up of my previous post,
Working with what you have, and making it Great!

Since I work weekends, Thursdays are like everyone else's Saturdays for me.
So, I'm usually in a little bit o' panic to get TONS done!
WAIT - I promised myself, NO MORE TRYING TO BE WONDER WOMAN!
Whew!  Ok, I can breathe now . . . 
Here's what I got done yesterday:


  #1 Living Room Re-Arranged (Again):

 Got the living room of our little condo re-arranged and it feels good. 

I know it looks like a lot of furniture, 
BUT
It is where we literally live, eat, work, study, etc.
So, it has to be seriously
Multi-functional (& PRETTY (my idea)).




#2 - DIY Sofa Table:


This "sofa table" I threw together from pillars I had out on my patio, (need to be painted - again) and some 2x6 boards.  I wanted to pull some furniture away from the wall, and this worked.  PLUS, I love the mixing of textures!!

In putting this DIY sofa table against a wall, behind a couch, it created a little bit of an alcove on each side further down along the wall.  THIS is where I pushed my desk back, and swung the book case against the far wall, and it gives my room some depth.  I like it!!


Now I will start painting, accessorizing, and recovering.
There are still a few pieces I will probably move out of here and into my bedroom,
eventually.


#3 Office Camo:

 Moving the office area AGAIN, and pulled out this plastic organizer I wanted to use, but didn't want it to look so office-y.  So, I cut some shelf paper I had to fit the front of the drawers, and try to camouflage it.  For now, it works. I was going to move the printer, but THIS is my office area, and I want it practical too.

#4  - No Fireplace, No Problem:

I AM determined to build my own faux fireplace, SOON, as I have been collecting 50 cent scrap pieces of lumber from Home Depot, 
but for now, I put this candle screen in front of my big mirror, 
and can't wait for night time so I can light the candles!
(All Goodwill finds)

Sharing with:
The Thrifty Home
Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. some fun ideas to make "old" to "new" (looking) :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the table behind the sofa. Great place for photos, candle, lamps ect.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yes, I just need to get some pretty stuff on it now! thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. Hello, new follower here and I’d like to invite you to join me at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2013/01/clever-chicks-blog-hop-17-and-secret.html



    I hope you can make it!

    Cheers,

    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!