Sunday

Old lady updated

A picture mirror that is, not me! Ha!!  (old lady)
I have a client that I am working with to revamp her whole house. 
She had been in a serious auto accident many years ago, and when she was finally able to go home, her children had a professional decorator come in and set up her house.  It's pretty and all (if you live in 1800's mortuary) but it's just NOT her.  So she has asked me to help her update her house and have it be more to her liking.  Softer, pastel and warm.
There are a few other things we have done already, and they are in my "Mini Projects" tab, the "Bigger Tick Tock", http://www.junk2jewels-diy.blogspot.com/p/mini-projects.html.
Here is the latest revamp.
The before is on the LEFT - After is on the RIGHT
She HATED the before piece and actually wanted me to throw them away!
But I knew we could fix this!
After
Before
The price tag was still on the back and two of these babies at $99.99 deserved some magic!
So, with a little home made chaulk paint, scrapbook paper, and a print I had found at Goodwill that she loved, I changed these prints/mirrors in less than an hour.
She loves them!
Before

After

What do you think!?
Oh, yeah, the chaulk paint recipe is simple
1 cup of latex paint (any sheen)
2 TBLSP non sanded grout
Little water to mix with the grout first - then add to the paint!
No priming, no sanding, just brushed on with a brush and easy peasy!
Sharing at:

http://www.thegirlcreative.com/2013/07/18/the-weekly-creative-link-party-4.html
Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
Skip To My Lou
 Keeping It Simple
More the Merrier Monday
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. They look very pretty! Thanks so much for sharing at Amaze Me Monday...
    Blessings,
    Cindy
    http://www.dwellings-theheartofyourhome.com/2013/07/amaze-me-monday-16.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy! Thank you for hosting a great party! Hugs, Theresa

      Delete

Love to hear from you!