Wednesday

Nightie Night

Literally from Trash to Treasure!

These were being set out for trash and my son and I nabbed them!
Don't judge us!!  HaHa!!
They were actually pretty beat up and had lots of yucky stuff spilled on them.
I scraped off the yuck, sanded them down a little, just to remove the shine.
I made up some Diy Chalk paint:
1 cup of oops paint
Little water mixed with 2 tbls unsanded white grout
Rolled & brushed 2 coats of paint.








Decided to try my hand at glazing, it was easy and worked great!
I wanted just a slightly distressed look.
The glaze I had purchased a while ago,
and decided to tint it with some of my acrylic grey paint.
Spread on glaze with a sponge brush,
wipe off a little with wet rag.

Then applied wax with a large stencil brush I scavenged out of my craft brushes.
Let set for minimum of 15 mins.
Buffed with a soft cloth.











Details of glazing
I'm really happy with how they turned out!

Behind the scenes:
Here is the 1st edition
I painted with my diy chalk paint
then stenciled the top
No distressing was done.
But I decided to distress them, and painted over the stencil, as it was pretty, but too femine for what I wanted, for these.

In the end, I really like them.
Spray painted the handles some black matte paint I had.

The Answer Is Chocolate

Pin It Now!

14 comments:

  1. First of all I like to think that here in the blog world, none of us would be judged for picking up trash LMHO - and secondly they turned out gorgeous- what a great score - and a beautiful job making them over!!!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! I know huh, Suzan! My son was with me, so he did all the dirty work! hehe!! Thank you and YES, I've been inspired by you and love the grey/blue with white! Thanks for commenting!! Hugs back at ya!! Theresa!!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Awe, thank you Sissy!! I want to keep them, but gotta sell them! ugh!! lol!

      Delete
  3. Love it! You did a great job and I love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Jeannee!!! <3 I do love them, wish I could keep, them, but we are selling them so we can eat! HAHA!! Hugs

      Delete
  4. Amazing nightstand makeover. I like the glazed look you gave it. I'll have to try that out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! let me know how it worked out! hugs T

      Delete
  5. Perfect....They look amazing! I just finished some myself at pinecreekstyle.blogspot.com Would love to have you check them out...look under the post Black Beauties....Have a wonderful weekend! xo, NeeCee @ Pine Creek Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those trash finds! Sometimes people throw away perfectly good items that could be put to use by others! Great job on the paint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was so exited! Thank you! Hugs T

      Delete
  7. Fantastic transformation. Wanted to let you know I'm featuring this when my link party opens up tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh wow! Thank you! I'm flattered! Hugs Theresa

      Delete

Love to hear from you!