Sunday

$5 HAPPY HUTCH!!!

I bought this at a yard sale almost 4 years ago for $5.
It's part solid wood, particle board, laminated,
pretty beat up . . .
Used home made chalk paint, ooops paint, and a dry brush wash.
(sorry, good camera is broken, resorting to cheap cell phone camera for now, UGH!)
AFTER
BEFORE
I've been wanting to paint it ever since, but was so indecisive,
Until the other day!


I used my home made chalk paint as my first coat.
Chalk paint recipe
2 coats of a blue-gray from oops paint.
Afterwards I dry brushed on some sage green, as a highlight.



After all was dry,
I dry brushed a white satin acrylic paint all over the entire piece
 (except the brown wood)
For that, I simply used a brown acrylic craft paint wash.

The open shelving and upper frame was painted with a satin bright white, that I squirted a glob of dark blue acrylic craft paint into.
This gave it a very subtle blue hue but stayed white.
 Spray painted all the hardware with Rustoleum's Antique Hammered Pewter paint.

AFTER





I wasn't sure what I wanted, other than I have been lightening up my house,
love the beach, cottage look,
and just started painting.

I love it!!
I still need to straighten it up with some brackets,
and want to put some bead board on the back.
What do you think?
Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. Great deal and great makeover! Way to turn a bargain into a treasure. Thanks for sharing at Fridays Unfolded!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alison, I really do like it!! Thanks for hosting a great party too!!
      Hugs,
      Theresa

      Delete
  2. Great job making this sorry piece into a real treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great piece! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy!! And thanks for hosting a great party! :)
      Hugs & Smiles,
      Theresa

      Delete

Love to hear from you!