Wednesday

Shabby to No End upgraded

Sometimes something great can be even better!


Remember this little favorite?
This is an all time favorite - but now time for some frills
Well, I decided to add some more character to it. . .

Way Before:
Ugh! 1999's is calling!

I'm totally loving The Graphics Fairy's Vintage images and typography.

I transferred on using charcoal, then used sharpie pens in ultra fine and fine.
(I started hand painting with paint and a tiny brush,
but honestly, it was very time consuming, difficult,
and I got a better look from the sharpies.
(In the past, I have used paint pens too)
I am REALLY liking it!!
 This version was good . . . 
BEFORE Typography

This coat hook had been my inspiration for the shabby look
Pin It Now!

11 comments:

  1. Great job on this. I like the whole transformation. I recently invested in two expensive, but good brushes for my painting and it has totally changed my world LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren - I may need to invest in some REALLY good lining brushes, because on the larger fonts/images I do like the hand painted look. Thanks for sharing! Hugs, T

      Delete
  2. Great job on this table - that is one of my favorites from The Graphics Fairy. Do you find that when using Sharpies the ink will bleed when you apply wax or poly - even after 24 hours?
    Marie@The Interior Frugalista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie, I started hand painting the "VINS" and then used the sharpie. I noticed when I went to sand it just a little, it was ALL very easy to come off - so I had to be careful. I don't think it bled much when waxing, I think that actually helped seal it up, to be honest. My problem was that I used charcoal sticks for the transfer, and THAT left the dark smudge - in this case it is ok, but in the future, I will go back to my chalk for the transferring. I used clear Minwax finishing paste, if that helps. Thanks again for commenting!! Hugs, T

      Delete
  3. Very cute! I did a similar design on a kitchen table. I love the French Shabby Look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! I hadn't seen this particular one, but am really loving it! I'll bet your table looks gorgeous. Did you enlarge it? I'd love to see it!! Hugs, T

      Delete
  4. What a difference that table is with the shabby look. Love it and love the new transfer. I did this on a small table, but did the modge podge method. I need to try this! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jann, and I need to try the modge podge method too!

      Delete
  5. Theresa- This is great! It's a Friday Favorites Feature this... Friday! Thanks for linking up! Would love to see you this week! laura

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!